Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 31, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #2,296 of 2,300
Update:
cheap cable is here. sound great, cable is soft looking good and has 3 terminations plug and play.
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

another thing that arrived is this Silicone Protective Shell Skin Case for Sennheiser for IE600/IE900

its keep moisture and dust out and it also has better grip in the ear and its give better isolation.

link if somebody is interested

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.303d18029OrIGG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

how its sits in the ear

7.jpg

8.jpg

cheers!

May 31, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #2,297 of 2,300
Update:
cheap cable is here. sound great, cable is soft looking good and has 3 terminations plug and play.

another thing that arrived is this Silicone Protective Shell Skin Case for Sennheiser for IE600/IE900

its keep moisture and dust out and it also has better grip in the ear and its give better isolation.

link if somebody is interested

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.303d18029OrIGG

how its sits in the ear

cheers!
Never saw the silicone shell before. Maybe there is an interesting mix of wearing large silicone bud for clarity that will be held more securely and given added bass by the shell.

May 31, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #2,298 of 2,300
Never saw the silicone shell before. Maybe there is an interesting mix of wearing large silicone bud for clarity that will be held more securely and given added bass by the shell.

I have one (posted early on in this thread) - thought its beneficial at 1st but I learned I hated it. It defeats the purpose of the small shell comformt of the 600, it can be fidly at times and cleaning the 600 is more troublesome (for me) - so I stopped using it.

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #2,299 of 2,300
I have one (posted early on in this thread) - thought its beneficial at 1st but I learned I hated it. It defeats the purpose of the small shell comformt of the 600, it can be fidly at times and cleaning the 600 is more troublesome (for me) - so I stopped using it.
they're not easily on/off'd for a versatile experience?..
I bought the ie600 primarily because of its detailed highs, but that was backed up by the guaranteed form fit and the forever materials, build. I can see your experience and it becoming a potential pain in the arse if it defeated one of the main reasons I bough it for.

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #2,300 of 2,300
I'm a bit weirded out by that silicone shell too... my other IEMs are larger and pretty much fill the ear whereas the IE600 shell is a real nice fit and at the same time seems to let the ear breathe and relax. I've found that sometimes I listen to another IEM but I get a bit fatigued yet want to continue listening so I switch to IE600.

I bought the IE600 in 2022 but it took me like close to two years to actually start enjoying it. I mean the IEM itself and the shell is great, but I had cable issues... of course the stock cable sucked from day one, but I recall in 2022 there wasn't much options to get aftermarket cables for it unless ordered from Asia (or maybe I just didn't put too much effort in it because I didn't want to spend any more money on this IEM). Then a month or two ago I just randomly decided to try to "modify" one of the cables I deep in some closet and lo and behold, the savior was the stock cable of the 2020 Tri I3 (priced somewhere in the 100-150 $/€ range). Damn that was some good accessories on that thing because it had a real nice velvet-like IEM pouch too.

Anyway, I probably spent at least 15 minutes nibbling at the red/transparent parts of that cable connector with some nail scissors, I'm really not good at that kind of stuff and I was probably lacking more appropriate tools for it. But it works and stays put, I don't have pic of my unit but I'll just paste this pic of the cable in question (along with the I3).

11316729.jpg

Right, so after almost two years I've learned to like this IE 600. Would have made more sense if the IE 600 would be sold without any cable whatsoever if they don't want to supply it with a real cable. At least then I would have got one in 2022 and listened to it a lot more in 2023 :ksc75smile: But now is now and this should see use for many years from now on :beerchug: Particularly good with my collection of 60s/70s rock/psychedelic/prog

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back