I have the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home's w/ Magni+/Modi+. I am wanting more bass. Should I EQ or sell for Audeze LCD-2C?
May 15, 2024 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cpugh9

New Head-Fier
I am an amateur audiophile and am currently rocking the following setup:
-Beyerdyanmic Amiron Homes

-Schiit Modi+/Magni+ combo

While I appreciate the crispness of the sound, I find myself missing some warmth/more bass response. I listen to mostly eletronic (ambient, IDM, bass music), hiphop and classical.

I am considering either upgrading to the Audeze LCD-2C or EQing my Amirons/the laptop I have my setup affixed to.

My questions that I humbly ask you to consider:

1. Would the LCD-2C be a warmer/bassier upgrade to the Amirons?
  2. Would EQ'ing solve my issue? I am going to try this anyways but wanted to hear people's opinions on the matter.
  3. I'm open to any other suggestions for feedback. I am mostly looking for a open back headphone with a bassier/warmer sound that I can find used for under $550.
Thanks for your help!

May 15, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 4
eq is an easy and free option, you could always try EQ first, then upgrade if it doesn't do what you want

May 15, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 4
  1. Would EQ'ing solve my issue? I am going to try this anyways but wanted to hear people's opinions on the matter.
a subtle 4dB Boost at about 85Hz is a nice way to boost bass without muddying the rest of the frequencies.
any more than about 5dB then you could get Harmonic Distortion issues.
i would recommend Equaliser APO, Peace EQ

May 15, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Those have a lot of mid bass but not a deep extension. Try in a music player you have, to add +3 or 4db to the lowest slider, like 31hz if it's got that. If there's a preamp reduction like in Musicbee then bring it down for each db you increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back