ZMF Aegis Official Thread
Jun 2, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #1,021 of 1,025
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #1,022 of 1,025
I think it just depends on how they operate in your local area. I've had very few problems with them. I often will redirect a package to a local FedEx pickup location so I don't have to worry about missing them at home.
Ditto.

Jun 2, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #1,023 of 1,025
Had the pleasure to tried the one and only Aegis yesterday, this amplifier catch my attention for so long but until yesterday i haven't meet one in real life

Sound is somehow like what i expect from reading the impressions. Very fluid, open and expansive sounding, and has great balance all across the frequency. Aegis got that effortless and very organic sound but still has solid bass kick and treble bite. Great synergy with Caldera Open and Atrium Open/Closed( forgot to try it with Verite )

We also tried changing some tubes on Aegis last night but in the end i still prefer the tonal balance of stock tubes ( maybe @K3cT can remind me what tubes are used yesterday for rolling )

KR 5U4G rectifier, stock JJ driver, Cayin branded KT88 (I suspect made by Psvane) and stock JJ EL34 power.

With stock tubes the Aegis sounded very good already. I think if I were to roll tubes I will try to aim for more texture / resolution and thicker sound because I feel these two areas are where it can be improved.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #1,024 of 1,025
With stock tubes the Aegis sounded very good already. I think if I were to roll tubes I will try to aim for more texture / resolution and thicker sound because I feel these two areas are where it can be improved.

To that end you might like NOS Tung-Sol 6550.

Jun 2, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #1,025 of 1,025
To that end you might like NOS Tung-Sol 6550.

How do you like the 6550s compared to your EL37s? I have both, but am curious about your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back