C.I.E.Ms and Ear Wax...
May 18, 2024 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Seyley

Head-Fier
There are about 20 pages in the search facility for issues linked to Ear Wax, but I couldn't see a posting relating CIEMs and Ear Wax

(Short Story Long).
I noted that the volume on my Panasonic TV had to be pushed up to 55 - 60 to hear speach on streaming channels such as Netflix. YouTube would have to be about 35.
It was my fault as I had used cotton wool buds (AGAIN) to try and clear my ears of the excess.
Obviously a mistake.

So off I went to a 'new' hearing clinic (based in the West Country) that offered both types of clearance. Water and suction. It was established that I have a 'Well' area accessable below the ear drum. It was in that location that the wax had been pushed. As I've had the suction before, we went with that method. What she was able to remove was horrifying, as they always are. I could have cemented a 10 foot x 10 foot brick wall with what was retreived.

Anywho...

Going back to the TV volume test, I was able to hear quite clearly speach on News Channels at 8- 10 level, Streaming services at 15 - 20, and YouTube at about 6.
(The above levels could be lowered with me concentrating on the dialogue)

So, now to CIEMs..... in essence, am I not in danger of pushing accumulated wax back down into the 'Ear Well' impairing my hearing again? (I forgot to ask the expert, hence the question).
Desparate to use my 'Roxannes' again with my 'new' shiny ears, but weary that I will have to turn the volume back up on my TV again !!

Your view please....

May 18, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Just like any other health checkup, regular visits to the audiologist are recommended even if you're not experiencing any issues. I myself visit my ENT/audiologist at least twice a year. I think that should be enough for most people to address any concerns, unless you're prone to excessive wax buildup in your ears. It never hurts to ring up the hearing clinic you visited for their advice on this. When was your last checkup prior to this exam?

May 19, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Are your ciems go that deep?
You'll probably see some earwax left on the nozzle tip if you have wax build up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back